The Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards have been a benchmark for the African fashion community for more than six years running. The awards are renowned for their capacity to identify, motivate, and establish trends in honor of a global fashion agenda.
The ASFAs was launched in 2013 with the goal of recognizing and honoring fashion and its close-knit communities. 2020 and 2021 were exempt because of the global pandemic.
The Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards is an African fashion award ceremony that honors and recognizes members of the fashion industry, such as fashion designers, stylists, hair and makeup artists, media figures, and influencers both within and beyond our borders.
Since the first ceremony in 2013, this event has been hosted yearly in Uganda.
The ASFAs is a glamorous evening featuring the biggest red carpet in Africa, a genuine celebration of fashion, and A-List attendees from all across the continent.
Every category, with the exception of the Lifetime/Style Fashion Icon Achievement Award, offers two trophies to both Ugandan and continental winners.
The public votes for the nominations, with the public taking 30% of the vote and the judges from the awards academy taking the remaining 70%. The public has cast their votes online through social media and the official awards website.
- Fashion Icon
- Achievement Award
- Designer of the year
- Male Model of the year
- Female Model of the year
- Male Most Stylish/Dressed Celebrity
- Female Most Stylish/Dressed Celebrity
- Most Stylish Male Artiste
- Most Stylish Female Artiste
- Most Male Dressed Media Personality
- Best Female-Dressed Media Personality
- Male Fashionista of the year
- Female Fashionista of the year
- Hair Stylist of the year
- Makeup Artist of the year
- Photographer of the year
- Stylist of the year
- Fashionable Music video of the year
- Fashion Blogger of the year
2015: The annual Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards is born
Ugandans descend upon the MTN Arena in Lugogo to attend the first fashion award event in Kampala. It’s attended by a number of fashion aficionados including internationally prominent and renowned designer Oswald Boateng.
2016: The ASFAs ‘Dress for Success campaign’ initiative endorses “Fashion can stimulate and impact success”
The ASFAs ‘Dress for Success campaign’ initiative endorses the suggestion that “Fashion can stimulate and impact success”. The campaign is followed by testimonials of acclaimed personalities such as Radio and Weasel, Golola Moses, and Zari amongst others.
2017: Her Royal Highness Princess of Toro Kingdom is honored with the Lifetime Style and Fashion Icon Achievement Award
Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth Bagaya Nyabongo of Toro Kingdom is honored with the Lifetime Style and Fashion Icon Achievement Award for having made history as the first black model and African to feature on the cover of the Harper bazaar magazine.
2017: Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards spread their wings to the rest of Africa
After a successful three-year run, the Abryanz Style and fashion Awards spread their wings to the rest of Africa as they go continental. It’s a show of pure tenacity and solid growth as the award show goes bigger and better.
2017: Her Royal Highness the Queen of Buganda and the Executive Director of Kampala grace the ASFA’s
Her Royal Highness the Queen of Buganda, Nabagereka Sylvia Naginda, and the Executive Director of Kampala Jennifer Musisi make a grand entrance onto the ASFA 2017 red carpet. These two powerful women and leaders are among the high-profile guests that garnish the famous ASFA’s red carpet.
The Fashionpreneur Summit
An annual interactive business workshop conference called the Fashionpreneur Summit equips young fashion entrepreneurs with the knowledge, abilities, and contacts they need to grow their firms. The summit’s main topic is how fashion and associated businesses are influencing young people’s and the economy’s future.
The workshop, which is part of the Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards, brings together experts from the industry in an interactive setting to talk about and give participants practical knowledge on how to monetize their projects and business ideas, find funding, market their brands, manage finances, and more.
Because the fashion industry is constantly evolving, each year’s panelists are different based on the worldwide challenges influencing the sector.
Why collaborate with Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards
In Africa, youth (those under 26 years old) make up 60% of the population, and in Uganda, 77% of the population is under 30. These people are also the Fashionpreneur Summit’s target market.
It is crucial that we prepare the younger generation for the future by taking a look ahead.
Given that the fashion industry is expected to develop by 15-20% over the next few years and that it is the second largest sector for employment after agriculture, our objectives are;
Content Courtesy of Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards & NFH