The 6 Best Books of 2022
Written by: Kiki Koroshetz
Published on: December 8, 2022
It’s a tight list of favorites this year: a few brilliantly imaginative novels, two deeply affecting memoirs, one intimate poetry collection, and a book of unhinged short stories.
- <img src="https://goop-img.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/best-books-2022-tomorrowAndTomorrowAndTomorrow.jpg" alt="Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin”/>
Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
One of the most special novels written in the past decade. This story follows two friends who form a thrilling creative partnership that drives them together and apart over the course of their young lives.
- <img src="https://goop-img.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/best-books-2022-littleRabbit.jpg" alt="Little Rabbit by Alyssa Songsiridej”/>
Little Rabbit by Alyssa Songsiridej
If you liked Luster, this one is for you. Alyssa Songsiridej’s seductive debut novel is about the taut and twisted relationship between a 30-year-old sometime writer and a 51-year-old established choreographer.
- <img src="https://goop-img.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/best-books-2022-lostAndFound.jpg" alt="Lost & Found by Kathryn Schulz”/>
Lost & Found by Kathryn Schulz
Exquisite. In this memoir-slash-guidebook, Pulitzer Prize–winning writer Kathryn Schulz weaves together a fascinating story of loss, discovery, and love that is both deeply personal and cosmic.
- <img src="https://goop-img.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/best-books-2022-stayTrue.jpg" alt="Stay True by Hua Hsu”/>
Stay True by Hua Hsu
A memoir of friendship, art, and the work of growing up and becoming yourself, from New Yorker staff writer Hua Hsu.
- <img src="https://goop-img.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/best-books-2022-timeIsAMother.jpg" alt="Time Is a Mother by Ocean Vuong”/>
Time Is a Mother by Ocean Vuong
In this evocative, tender poetry collection, Ocean Vuong (author of the novel On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous) explores grief, memory, and the intimacy of language in the wake of his mother’s death.
- <img src="https://goop-img.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/best-books-2022-ghostLover.jpg" alt="Ghost Lover by Lisa Taddeo”/>
Ghost Lover by Lisa Taddeo
No one writes like Lisa Taddeo—every sentence so full of desire and so true. Ghost Lover is a collection of nine stories about obsessed, possessed, ravaged, and ravaging women.
Look Back at Previous Favorites
We hope you enjoy the books recommended here. Our goal is to suggest only things we love and think you might, as well. We also like transparency, so, full disclosure: We may collect a share of sales or other compensation if you purchase through the external links on this page.