Anti Theft Bags are something that has been around for quite some time now and is a huge hit in the travel community. It provides a sense of relief to feel like your personal items are secure. The one thing that hasn’t changed as we move towards anti-theft bags is finding something fashionable and cute. Most anti-theft bags are ugly, bulky, sporty, and not really for the fashionista or average woman out there. That brings me to talk about the Arden Cove Crossbody bag, which not only has anti-theft properties but is fashionable and cute as well.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Support my blog here
TRAVEL PLANNING RESOURCES
Arden Cove Crossbody Review for 2023 – Should you buy it?
If you travel often, then anti-theft bags are something you are more than likely aware of. If you are new to travel, then an anti-theft bag is definitely something you should consider purchasing for your next trip. There are many different types of anti-theft bags out there, but one of the best on the market right now is the Arden Cove Crossbody.
Benefits of owning an Anti-Theft Bag
You can read more about why I think it’s important for all travelers to own an Anti Theft Bag in my post about the best Anti Theft Bags for travel. There are a lot of important reasons why owning an anti-theft bag should be something you consider. When you are traveling there are a lot of threats that can happen to your belongings.
The benefits of owning an anti-theft bag are:
- Preventing someone from slashing your bag or cutting it open
- Put a stop to your credit cards being compromised
- Intercept someone pickpocketing your bag and taking something from your bag – phone or cash
About Arden Cove
Who is Arden Cove? Arden Cove is a company that was established in 2016 and based out of San Francisco that creates a variety of anti-theft bags for women. Their goal is to help women travel with confidence with their bags and accessories. The company was created by 2 sisters in San Francisco that were passionate about travel. They wanted a safe bag they could travel with that was fashionable. The pair traveled quite frequently around the world and saw that there was a need for a practical yet stylish bag.
They had witnessed pickpocketing quite frequently while living abroad and staying abroad. Most anti-theft bags I mentioned are not as aesthetically pleasing and can make you look like a tourist which can cause you to be the target of theft. Many of us want to fit a bit more in while feeling secure when we traveled. Additionally, they wanted their bags to be water-resistant and durable and protect you digitally by having RFID materials.
They sell a variety of different types of bags and accessories that are worth checking out. They have their Crissy Full Crossbody Bag – which I will review below, their Caramel Convertible Backpack and Crossbody, the Grande Marina Conversible wallet and belt bag, the Crissy Mini Crossbody, the Elise Crossbody, and Kelso RFID blocking passport pouch, phone pouch, and card pouch, the Victoria Tote, the Dolores Commuter weekend backpack, and the MB Packing backpack along with many other accessories.
About the Arden Cove Crossbody – Arden Cove Crissy Full Crossbody
Ultimately, there is the most popular style of Arden Cove Bags that come in a variety of colors and options. I preferred the faux leather strap black, gold front, with purple interior. The bag is made of waterproof nylon. The options they have for this bag are either a chain strap or no chain strap. The second option is whether you want the classic or the locking feature. They come in 8 different colors and can ship in the US and internationally. This is the perfect crossbody bag for days when you want to pack light and just have your basics on you. There are a lot of organizational pockets for your cards, passport, phone, charger, and more.
The Arden Cove bags waterproof nylon purse is water resistant and has RFID-blocking materials with an 8 card slot and 1 bill pocket, it has one large main compartment, two wall pockets, 1 interior zippered pocket, and slash-resistant materials and straps. The total strap length for the crossbody is 32.5″-58″ (82.5 – 147.3 cm).
This faux leather anti theft waterproof purse comes carefully packed in a beautiful box and the bag is securely covered and stuffed with paper to keep it’s shape. The bag itself is quite beautifully crafted with gold hardware, a beautiful purple interior and stiff waterproof zippers. The stiff zippers are great since it will be a lot harder for pickpocketers to get access if I forget to use the locks on my bag.
- Lip Balm/Lipstick
- Phone Charger
- Headphones – Like Airpods or Airpods Pro
- Cell Phone
- Small Hand Sanitizer
- Bobby Pins/Hair Ties
- 8 Cards
- Business Cards
- Short Charging Cord
There are a lot of pros when it comes to the Arden Cove Crossbody. It’s beautifully crafted. The materials are made to last a long time. There are locking zippers preventing your bag from being pickpocketed and much more. This purse makes for a great personal item bag as well.
Check out these anti theft features for the Arden Cove Crosbody:
- RFID Blocking built-in wallet
- Anti Slash Materials
- Stay Organized with two Wall Pockets and one zipper pocket
- Locking zipper pulls
- Zipper pocket interior
- Feet so it can stand up on its own
- Detachable crossbody strap
- Cut-proof strap that is a faux leather strap design
- 8 card slots and a bill pocket
- Made of faux leather and waterproof nylon
- Ring to attach key leash
What I like about the Arden Cove Crossbody Bag
- Despite this Arden Cove crossbody bag being small, it can hold everything I need for the day
- It is stylish and goes with every outfit that I have, it literally goes with everything
- It’s practical! As I mentioned before, so many anti theft bags are quite ugly, and this bag is not only beautiful but practical
- The pockets keep me organized and allow me to stash money in different places in my purse
- It’s easy to clean – I can’t say that about many bags out there. Since this bag is water resistant it’s easy to keep clean
- Lightweight – You don’t want something too heavy to carry around or weigh you down while traveling
- Choose the perfect strap length – It’s not too long or too short, making the the perfect length for your Arden. Additionally, the detachable crossbody strap keeps things secure if I end up tying or locking it up to my chair
There are a few cons about the Arden Cove crossbody but it’s honestly a preference thing and super dependent on you. These were some of the cons of this bag that I found while using it.
- It’s not big enough to hold a DSLR – if you are a person who travels with a large camera or camera, the size may not be big enough where instead I recommend you grab one of their backpacks instead
- The zippers tabs and locks aren’t placed in the front of the bag (the way I prefer it), when I wear the bag on my right shoulder placing it to the left
- Price – Although not the most expensive bag on the market, it can cost a tad more to have the locking zippers and the security of those.
- The Chain Strap – To many, it can get quite twisted and frustrating
- The straps could be thicker – Since the bag can hold quite a bit, it can get heavy and the straps can cut into your shoulders when overpacked
- Durability – Although I haven’t had any issues yet, many have said after a year they have had issues with this bag falling apart
Other Arden Cove Bags
- Carmel Convertible
- Grande Marina Convertible Wallet and Belt Bag
- Crissy Mini Crossbody
- Slim Marina
- Elise Crossbody
Not interested in Arden Cove? Or looking for something different? Here are a few options I suggest you check out. You can also read more and see more options in my post about the best anti-theft bag for travel.
What is an anti-theft crossbody bag?
An Anti Theft Crossbody bag is exactly that. It’s a bag that prevents theft, whether that is from digital theft to physical theft. An anti-theft crossbody bag should include locking zippers, RFID blocking material, anti-slash materials, versatility, and waterproof.
Is the Arden Cove Bag worth the price?
Yes! Completely, this bag is the ultimate travel bag with locking zippers and built in wallet. The Arden Cove bag is a bag that combined practical functionality – that is more affordable than luxury bags. A bag that is stylish and protects your items is totally worth it. It’s important to me to have a bag that fits my lifestyle and honestly, this bag checks off all of those boxes.
Are cross-body bags still in style?
Of course! I don’t think this style of bag will ever go out of style. Having a bag where you can walk and talk hands-free is important to a lot of people. They are easy to carry and versatile for any situation. It provides comfort, convenience, security, and style. It can’t be beaten.
Where should you wear a crossbody bag?
If you are asking where on your body should you wear a crossbody bag, then adjust the strap length of the bag so that it sits just above the hip. This prevents the bag from moving around too much. You should also consider your body shape to determine where it hits best.
In terms of location, you should wear a crossbody bag wherever you want to! However, they are most practical in areas where theft is common. In many touristy areas like Paris, Rome, and other parts of the world, it’s great to have a crossbody bag for your trip.
Despite the travel, you can easily wear one when you are running errands, going to work, going out to dinner, or meeting with friends. The choice is mostly up to you.
Why do people wear crossbody bags?
Crossbody bags allow you to hold all your daily essentials without them being too heavy. Most people like the convenience of being hands-free while holding their everyday belongings. Its main purpose is to distribute weight evenly to make things easier to carry and feel more relaxed in everyday situations.
What is Anti-RFID?
RFID is a way to grab your important card and passport information with just a tap. Many scammers will try and tap your bag to get access to your cards and use them. This information can be stolen in the blink of an eye and could just be done after being bumped into someone in a crowded place. Anti-RFID materials prevent that from happening. RFID blocking material blocks the readers and prevents them from accessing your private information. The Arden Cove bags have a built in wallet with RFID blocking materials.
Posts Related to Arden Cove Crossbody Review
Want to save this post about the Arden Cove Crossbody? Pin it!